This week at the National Safety Council’s annual Congress and Expo, OSHA announced its Top 10 Most Commonly Cited Violations for 2017. The list combines both general industry (1910) and construction standard (1926) citations.
For the past few years the list has included much of the same topics, just in a different order. This year is much of the same, however, general electrical hazards have dropped from the list and fall protection training has taken its place.
Here is the new Top 10:
- Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501)
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200)
- Scaffolding (1926.451)
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134)
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147)
- Ladders (1926.1053)
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178)
- Machine Guarding (1910.212)
- Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503)
- Electrical – Wiring Methods (1910.305)
Source: National Safety Council